Well this is an honor. To say the least, I am speechless, but coming off wordless as a writer isn’t so acceptable, now is it?
I never thought much about my writing talent-I knew I liked pursuing it. I thought hey maybe a couple friends or family would engage with it-but I didn’t consider the people like me who go through life and just need a pick me up. So thank you to my audience. arisjade nominated me for this award. Her words have been nothing short of refreshing and encouraging-and I have let her be known to that. Thanks girl. To understand what kind of bloggers get recognized by this award I used the quote:
“an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.” -Okoto Enigma, creator
To participate (I suppose you don’t have to, I considered not doing it, but glad I did) you should…
- Answer the 5 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
- Share 3 things about who you are
- Nominate 10 bloggers yourself, and let them know
- Ask the nominees 5 questions of your own choosing
- Additional Guidelines:
- Share a link to your best post(s)
- Put the award logo on your blog along with the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog. Also mention the creator of the award.
- Answer the questions asked by the person who nominated you.
Per rules here are the questions I was asked, and also my responses.
1. What country do you live in?
The Beacon of Hope-The United States of America, born and raised.
2. What makes someone a good friend?
A good friend balances your reality, yet encourages you to pursue the best you possible, whether that be at your high or your low. A good friend sacrifices as the relationship may demand it, however does not keep score.
3. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Overall, the best childhood memories I have are playing in the cold, dark dirt during hot Florida summers and the slammer and shudder of jalousie glass doors… I grew up with my grandma and she always had us playing outside in the yard. I don’t have specific memories that I cherish, but I do hold on to the sounds and feels of my childhood.
4. Do you have any special talents?
You see it here, the God-given ability to communicate human experience through written (or typed) word. To inspire, and to share faith and give love. All these things are being refined and developed in me daily.
5. If you could meet anyone who ever lived, who would it be and why?
When I read this I laughed because I always get teased for this, but the rapper Drake. Yes, there are a lot of people who have done great things in our past and I appreciate them all, but I would love to have an experience with Drizzy. I know it should be Jesus but I have a spiritual encounter with him daily lol. Drake is Jewish, and although I am not Jewish I really like the culture and the anointing the Jewish people have over their legacies and individual lives. I heard Drake grow through the production of his music. His faith is so inspiring-his thanksgiving is genuine, and he uses his mistakes to teach over a beat. Ultimately I hope to meet him to do some writing for/with him.
3 Things About this Chick:
- I am always perplexed as to what race to choose when asked to “Choose My Race” lol. My dad is from Egypt, mom from U.S., but I am fair skinned.
- I am studying to take my GRE.
- I like wine.
My best post I think is dear God: where you at?
I now get to share some bloggers and acknowledge them by nominating them for the Mystery blogger Award! They have inspired me to think beyond the words…in their own unique way…
The questions I have picked for these 10 people…
- What does writing/photography mean to you?
- Do you have a favorite person? If so, who and why?
- What sits at the center of your life-what do you revolve it around?
- Do you have children? How many? Ages?
- List 5 things that are important to you that start with the letter “F”?
GOT IT!? AND GO.